, , , , , , , ,

Child Weight Loss Problems - Are Parents to Blame?




As a father of three and a fitness fanatic, I am very aware of child weight loss problems and how they are increasing at an alarming rate. I stay on top of whether my kids are in shape and active, rather than overweight and inactive. I do my best to show my kids what it takes to eat healthy and exercise regularly. With the onslaught of video games and computers these days, it is easy for a kid to get away from playing outdoors and getting enough exercise.
As a kid I was rarely ever in the house
As a kid, I used to spend most of my time outdoors, especially in the summer months. I very rarely was in the house and more often than not, my mother had to call me to come home at night. Child weight loss problems were few and far between in comparison to today's kids. I realize that times have changed and it may not be a good idea to let you kids roam the neighborhood and woods outside like back in my childhood. I also admit that back in the early eighties, there wasn't as many cool games and computers like there are now. I can still remember when Atari came out and how much I loved to play it! I think that even though there are so many fun things for kids to do inside, as parents we need to make a conscious effort to keep our kids active and healthy. A soccer game a few times a week is not the same as playing outside from dusk to dawn with a group of friends all summer long.
Diets play a huge role in child weight loss problems
Another huge factor in the increase in child weight loss problems is our diets today. Adults and children alike are fatter than ever because of the poor diets and excess carbohydrates that most people eat. I am not trying to be rude or say that I am better than others because I stay lean, I am just stating an obvious fact that as a nation, there are more overweight people in America than any other time in history. Of these people, an alarming amount happen to be children. As a society and as parents, we have a responsibility to teach our kids about fitness, diet, and overall health. If we practice a healthy lifestyle and eat right, our kids will learn from us and lead healthier and longer lives.
Parents need to take control of their lives and set an example
As a parent, I want to be around as long as I can for my kids and future grand kids. I read that around three quarters of Americans alive today will die from either heart disease or cancer. This just isn't acceptable in my opinion. It is common knowledge that a proper diet and fitness routine will keep you healthier than if you are overweight. Isn't it time as parents that we take control of our own lives and set a positive example for our children? If we do, I am sure that this will help decrease the child weight loss problems that are plaguing our nation and society as a whole.
No matter what body style or how much weight that you need to lose, weight loss all comes down to three simple steps. The fitness and dieting industry try to make it more difficult that it really is so they can sell you the diet of the week or the newest magic pill that never works! If you would like to finally leave all of the hype and lies behind and learn the real way to lose weight and get the body that you deserve .

Author : Kelly_U

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

 

weight loss and fitness © 2013 | Designed by Charaf Omerani

: ,